This is it. The last Saturday of 2012. I’m not really sure where the year has gone, and I’m sure many of you feel the same way. As I sit here and reflect on the year gone by, I realize there have been some great moments, as well as some real major disasters within the social media world. And, there are plenty of lists categorizing these throughout the “interwebs”. For those interested, I’ve included links to those lists in the resources, below.
But what about this site? With a large day-to-day increase in visitors and subscribers to Digital Ethos, there may be things that have appeared throughout the year that you have missed, so I thought we would be remiss in not offering you a list of our top stories from the previous year. So, without further ado, here are our top 10:
1. Nine Steps to Becoming a Twitter Chat Pro – Have you heard of twitter chats? Have you been “bitten” by them? Then check out these 9 steps to becoming a pro.
2. Beneficial Twitter Strategies — There are actually a few different strategies that seem to be working for businesses using Twitter as a marketing tool. A perfect running strategy can also be custom tailored to your own small business needs by combining a bit of knowledge on social media engagement with a handy tool or two.
3. A Day at Google New York & Seth Godin – This is a great recap of a day spent at Google through their Google Engage for Agencies program, and a great opportunity to learn from Seth Godin.
4. Social Media and Hurricane Sandy – Everyone on the east coast will remember Hurricane Sandy, and the way it changed many of our lives. Here is a great article on how social media played a part.
5. More on Logo Design & Branding – This comment to blog post regarding company logos is a great history and discussion on logos and branding.
6. Consistency is Key in Your Integrated Marketing Strategy – So, you are “on” social media, but now what? How do you succeed? Consistency is the key.
7. What Digital & Social Media Marketers Can Learn from Business Consultants – Before even engaging in marketing and social media, you need to know your goals, and you need to find a consultant who believes your goals are important.
8. Why You Should Be Using Twitter and 7 Random Benefits – Twitter seems to be a hot topic this year, and this article is no different. Why should you be on Twitter and what benefits will it bring?
9. How Important is Response Time to Your Customers on Twitter and Facebook? – Businesses that claim to be active on social media also need to be responsive to posts by clients and potential clients. But how important is that, and how quickly must you respond?
10. Top 10 On-Line Social Media Resources (plus one more) – What list is complete without another top 10 list. Check out these other great resources for social medial know-how. You won’t be sorry!
So, there you have it. The top 10 articles that have appeared on Digital Ethos throughout 2012. Did you have a favorite that isn’t on the list? Was there one article that really changed your thinking, tactics or plan? Make sure to let us know!
And my wish for all of you, in 2013, is health, happiness, prosperity, and a very social new year!
Thank you for visiting in 2012!
About Craig Yaris
Craig E. Yaris is the owner of EsquireTech Solutions, which helps small business get found on the social web, whether through Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn, he can both teach you the effective use of any social network or act as your social media manager, enabling you to reach your clients where they are and when they want to hear from you. He can teach your organization the social media best practices that can help you use the tools of today to cost-effectively increase your bottom line. EsquireTech Solutions brings the social web to your business. Visit EsquireTech Solutions or call 516-495-9107 .