After attending a continuing legal education seminar recently, I noticed many questions centered around where the attendees could find some of the best information regarding social media marketing on-line. To help my fellow attendees, I have compiled a list of my top 10 social media on-line resources.
So, here we go:
9. Social Fresh is a social media education company, whose goal is to create better marketing through social media. This is a collaboration between Jason Keath, Corey Creed, and Katey Dietz, and they offer seminars and training, as well as a great blog.
8. Mashable Social Media The tech blog, Mashable, has several sections within their site covering several different industries, including entertainment, US and World news, videos and business. And they cover social media with articles posted throughout the internet. They also have a great e-mail newsletter, covering the “hot topics” of the day.
7. JeffBullas.com Jeff Bullas works with companies and executives to help optimize their brand with digital marketing and social media. His blog’s focus is helping businesses get found on-line, and he offers all aspects of how-to as well as the why you should be. I recommend you sign up for the e-mail updates!
6. HubSpot Blog (and e-books). Hubspot is one of the biggest inbound marketing agencies there is, and they produce an amazing amount of free educational content. In addition, I receive a new downloadable e-book from them at least once a week, and they all provide some bit of information that even the novice social marketer would find useful.
5. Pushing Social This blog, from Stanford Smith, provides practical blogging tips and resources for all small business owners, whether new to blogging or a seasoned pro.
4. Business Grow by Mark Schaefer offers great insight into all things social marketing, with a bit of “humanity” thrown in. And I look forward to his weekly “GrowToons”, which characterize social media in humorous cartoon fashion.
3. Chris Brogan is a marketer with 12 years experience, and although his business caters to larger companies, his thoughtful insight into business is helpful to even the sole practitioner. In addition, he offers several different newsletters, all of which I look forward to on a weekly basis. He is also the author of several books, including Trust Agents and Google Plus for Business.
2. Convince & Convert This is the blog from Jay Baer, author of The Now Revolution, which covers social and content related topics in a “hype-free” way. Another newsletter that I highly recommend.
1. Social Media Examiner This blog, run by Michael Stelzner, author of Launch: How to Propel Your Business Beyond the Competition, promises to be your “guide to the Social Media Jungle”, and he does so, offering help and advice in simple, non-technical terms. In addition, he offers several “Success Summits” throughout the year, covering blogging, Facebook, and Social Media.
So, there you have it. My top 10 social media resources, and I did promise you one more. So, drumroll please…
DigitalEthos.org That’s right. The very blog where this will first appear is a non-profit organization responsible for facilitating awareness and education through training and interactives. Make sure to sign-up for our Digital Media Monthly newsletter, and feel free to support us in our goal of helping businesses embrace social media (full disclosure – I am on the Board of Directors of Digital Ethos).
You can also check out Social Media Examiner’s top 10 social media blogs 2012 winners for even more great social media resources.
Do you have a favorite that you visit daily or receive a newsletter from that you can’t live without? Please make sure to share it with us!
- Social Media Explorer
- Social Fresh
- Mashable Social Media
- HubSpot Blog
- Pushing Social
- Business Grow
- Chris Brogan
- Convince & Convert
- Social Media Examiner
- Social Media Examiner’s top 10 social media blogs 2012 winners
About Craig Yaris
Craig E. Yaris is the owner of EsquireTech Solutions, which helps small business get found on the social web, whether through Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn, he can both teach you the effective use of any social network or act as your social media manager, enabling you to reach your clients where they are and when they want to hear from you. He can teach your organization the social media best practices that can help you use the tools of today to cost-effectively increase your bottom line. EsquireTech Solutions brings the social web to your business. Visit EsquireTech Solutions or call 516-495-9107 .