Tuesday, October 25, 2011 at 8:00 AM – Wednesday, October 26, 2011 at 6:00 PM
Building our own communities should be important to all of us. It is definitely important to Co-Founder of Street Fight, Laura Rich. Laura finds herself encouraged by the explosion in local industries that can further her cause to supply increases in networking options for local businesses and their respective consumers. For this reason Laura and Street Fight are sponsoring The Street Fight Summit.
- Hyperlocal Publishing
- Daily Deals
- Location-Based Services
Watching the industry grow while helping to define the future of hyperlocal business is a positive and rewarding experience. The benefits to the community are the pay-off for Laura and her Street Fight Summit team.
To support the Street Fight Summit efforts, the conference will kick off with industry leaders who will exchange views, share industry tips, and network.
- Evan Cohen, General Manager, Foursquare
- Warren Webster, President, Patch
- Ezra Kucharz, President, CBS Local Digital Media
- Chris Tolles, CEO, Topix
- Jeff Jarvis, Blogger/Professor, BuzzMachine
- Luke Stangel, Co-founder, Tackable
- Rick Blair, former CEO, Examiner
- Saumil Nanavati, CEO, Chalkboard
Many more make up this incredible list of leaders.
The overall goal of the Street Fighter Summit is to collaborate and combine strategies that will help companies going after the $150 billion local advertising market. Those companies include hyperlocal publishing network Patch (owned by AOL), location-based services like Foursquare, and daily deals businesses like Groupon Attending SFS will enable exchanges that are focused on the continual shaping of this inspiring new industry.
Participants can expect:
- To learn how to better leverage their own products, services, and opportunities.
- Find new ways to earn revenue.
- Locate and learn about the technologies that will translate into higher incomes.
- Help create and shape sustainable landscape for local marketing online.
Expect to hear from powerful industry leaders to help develop the most innovative methods your business and your community.
Registration opens at 8 a.m. on Oct. 25. Events run 9 a.m. through 5 p.m. each day — this includes a special cocktail reception for all attendees at the end of day one.
DBMEi subscribers can receive $100 off the ticket price by using the discount code SFS11-GWFK09 when registering.
About Joy Lynskey
Full-Time Freelance Writer and Content Manager for Puglisi Consulting Group, Joy Lynskey specializes in Technology, SEM, SMM, and other elements of Digital Marketing.