You can’t have social media without the social. Although the internet produced what we now refer to as social media, this form of networking doesn’t live solely on the world wide web. Social media and social networking can also require face time. Especially for those who want to stay ahead of the trends and those who want to be on the leading edge of the capabilities that social media allots them.
There are a large collection of varying social media events held around the world every year. In fact, there is even a designated Social Media Week that will be celebrated by social networking enthusiast and experts from all over the map. The Second Social Media Week for 2011 runs from September 19th through the 23rd in locales such as Los Angeles, Berlin, Moscow, Milan, and many more places around the globe.
Social Media Conferences
Important social media conferences occur all throughout the year.
- The SXSW interactive festival was celebrated from March 9th through the 13th of 2011. Five days of riveting presentations performed by some of the brightest minds in social media technology such as CEO and Founder of ScrollMotion, Josh Koppel.
- The Social Media Strategies Summit was held from February 8th through the 10th in San Francisco, California. This fantastic conference gave many the chance to learn from some of the top leaders in social media marketing. Representatives from Dunkin Donuts, Discovery Channel, Paypal and other big name brands were on hand to answer questions about their successful strategies. Social Media Strategies Summit or SMSS is coming to Boston Sept 20-22, 2011 and London Oct 25-27, 2011. During this 3 day summit attendee’s will learn how to best utilize and integrate the myriad social media platforms to engage customers directly at a fraction of the cost of traditional marketing. Through the intelligent use of social media marketing you can, in house, have continuous direct contact with your customers.
- The 140 characters, or #140conf, 2011 conference was lauded to be the largest global gathering of those interested in how social media and the internet effected both businesses and people. Adam Ostrow, the Editor-in-Chief at Mashable, joined a long list of knowledgeable speakers at the #140c on June 15th and 16th.
- Another area in which social media marketing is beginning to bloom and boom is in the travel industry. For this reason the Social Media Strategies for Travel conference held on March 25th and 26th of 2011 was a superb opportunity for travel industry leaders to learn how to communicate, via social media formats, with their customers.
- The Search Exchange Internet Marketing Conference held on May 17th through 19th 2011, offered a helpful variety of educational possibilities by the collaborative efforts of hundreds of entrepreneurs and business professionals who shared the most vital keynotes and discussions on social media marketing, pay-per-click advertising, web analytics, and search engine optimization.
- The Content Marketing World Conference of 2011 will be held from September 6th through September 8th in Cleveland, Ohio. This conference has a direct goal of helping to transform your businesses marketing department into a compelling factory for storytelling. Learning techniques to help engage prospects and current customers with the best messages through formats such as mobile, email, online, social, and face-to-face interaction can assist any marketing department in becoming content marketing experts by providing them with valuable education and vital tools.
- The WOMMA Summit, also known as the Word of Mouth Marketing Association, will be held from November 16th through November 18th, 2011 in Las Vegas, Nevada. This innovative way of marketing the oldest and most effective promotion helps attendees to understand how better to research and measure the integration of online social media with offline communications. New practices in word of mouth, coupled with social media marketing, provides the latest in trends to help give any business a great boost.
- Social Media Week: Global. Social Media Week’s mission is to explore how local and regional societies, cultures, and economies are becoming more integrated & empowered through a global network of communication. The Feb 2011 was a big success and the September 19-23, 2011 is looking to be just as big. It takes place in cities around the world.
- Blogworld & New Media Expo, While you might have missed NY in May 2011, the Social Media Summit for the Blogworld Expo will be in Los Angeles Nov 3-5. Topics Include: Content Creation, Distribution, Monetization, Networking and more.
One of the most vital elements of any education is the regular development and renewal of that very same education. What you may be 100% sure of today about an aspect of social media marketing, indeed, you may even be right, but that very element may have an entirely different focus depending on the whims of search engines and the ebb and flow of human communication, tomorrow. As long as you stay in tune with news and trends in any industry, you have the best chance for true success as is possible.
- Come to Blog World Expo
- 2011 Social Media Marketing Conferences
- Social Media Conferences
- The State of Now – The #140conf
- Top Ten Social Media Conferences
- Social Networking Conferences
- Social Media Workbench
- 100 Social Media and Tech Events
About Basil Puglisi
@BasilPuglisi is a Content Contributor and the Chairman of the Board for Digital Ethos. Basil C. Puglisi is also the Digital Marketing Manager for PMG Interactive. As the Digital Marketing Manager he provides oversight and support to Digital Campaigns, from Website Development to Search and Social Reach.