The field of advertisement has changed immensely over the past decades. Online advertisements have replaced almost completely the printed newsletters, which used to be so effective. If, at first, the companies used to advertise online and build their own websites and buy virtual ads, today, social media is the new way of advertising.
2. Qzone: 500 million users (China networking website)
3. Twitter: 200 million users
4. RenRen: 180 million users (China networking website)
5. Myspace: 150 million users
6. Badoo: 120 million users
7. Bebo: 115 million users
8. LinkedIn: 100 million users
- 88% – generate exposure for the business
- 72% – increased traffic / subscribers
- 62% – improved search rankings
- 56% – new business partnerships
- 51% – generated qualified leads
- 49% – reduced overall market expenses
- 43% – improved sales
- 30% of those who just started are really considering investing more in social media marketing
- 45% of business with less than 12 months of experience are happy and eager to continue their social media advertising campaign
- 68% of companies with 1 – 3 years of experience are extremely satisfied and continue advertising on social media networks
- 87% of those with more than 3 years in the business have seen great results and are waiting for more
2. Twitter: used by 84% of the companies
3. LinkedIn: used by 71% of the companies
4. YouTube: used by 56% of the companies
5. FourSquare: used by 17% of the companies
6. Groupon: used by 7% of the companies
7. Myspace: used by 5% of the companies
2. Content Creation: 10%
3. Analytics: 10%
4. Monitoring: 7%
- E-mail marketing – 64% of the users are extremely satisfied and continue using it.
- Event marketing – 60% plan on increasing their use of event marketing, because of its success.
- Press releases – 43% are really happy with this old-school strategy.
- Webinars – Used mainly by small business (42%) this is a great way to “put yourself out there”.
They say 2012 it’s the year when all businesses will start using social media as a powerful marketing and advertising strategy. With more and more apps, video and photo sharing, live events coverage, you will have in your hands a lot of smart tools to choose from.
Katlyn M. is a freelance writer and car insurance comparison specialist, and personal trainer. In her spare time, Katlyn enjoys swimming, hiking, and helping her friends save money on car insurance.
About Guest Blogger
This article is a guest post provided by a third party, its content was added to Digital Ethos to help provide additional information for our readers and followers. While the Guest Blogger posts do not undergo the same scrutiny as Authors and lack sources, the content was reviewed and approved as valuable to our mission.