“Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” – Albert Einstein
Basil Puglisi began his exploration of the “Digital Age” with a philosophy of “Read, Write & Share”. The content, which was based around digital and social media became his initial source for professional development.
Basil Puglisi has also sought out traditional learning methods by attending the top conferences like the Search Engine Marketing Expo, New Media Expo, Social Media World Forum, SxSW, Internet Week and more. Additionally, he has also received professional training from Google, Microsoft, AOL, Constant Contact and others in his role as a Partner Agency. These conferences, expos and training sessions help contribute to his professional development which he shares with his followers and colleagues.
Basil Puglisi has been a moderator for panels that include professionals from NBC News, Crain’s Communications, BQE Media, Dragon Search Marketing, Klout, StumbleUpon and also a featured Speaker or Presenter for events like Social Media Week, NYXPO, NYBizExpo, TradeBrooklyn, #140Conf and even a Guest Lecturer for Dowling College, Stony Brook University and Suffolk County Community College.
@basilpuglisi has been recognized as a Top Conference Influencer on Twitter for Social Media Week #SMWNYC according to @Kred & Ogilvy, The Corporate Social Media Summit according to @Radian6 & Useful Social Media and the Social Media World Forum North America based on tracking by @Synthesio.
- Doctoral Studies in Education
- Masters in Public Policy & Admin
- B.A. Criminal Justice & Sociology
“It is the engagement from users that makes this worthwhile. It also helps that I have found some really passionate people who are professionals in their fields that have decided to join me and help make Digital Ethos a more comprehensive source, special thanks to them. ” Basil C. Puglisi
Seminar & Speaker Topics
- Intro to Internet Marketing
- SEO 101 – Search Engine Optimization
- Social Media 101 – Introduction to types of Social Media
- Content Creation and Protection Practices
- What is a Personal Brand?
- What does the data show about the internet?
- Facebook Success Stories
- Small Business Brand Strategies
- Social Media Tools: Mixing Automation with Personal Practice
- Creating Your Voice: How to Become the Authority in Your Field
- How to evaluate a Digital or Social Media Professional or Agency
- How to network: Creating a Plan for Success!
“Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.” – Albert Einstein