Not long ago, I posted an article geared specifically towards helping new or young business owners gain the basics of understanding social media marketing and the most vital points in how to make it work for your business. On that article we learned about:
We learned how vital those elements were to how our social media marketing efforts may be received by the general public, possible prospective consumers, and current customers. However, we now hear the words Social Media Marketing or see SMM just about anywhere we look online when it come to searches on how to increase viewers, how to get more business, how to do social media the way that benefits your products, services, and ultimately your consumers, the most.
Start-Up Social Media Marketing Planning
If you are a small business owner, you now have a decision to make about how to begin to utilize social media and networking to grow your business. There simply are not enough hours on some people’s clocks to even schedule the smallest amount of time to dedicate to this additional element of a business marketing plan. And let’s not even get started on how much capital this may cost your bottom line. But wait, it is really not that bad!
Whether you choose to hire someone to carry out your social media marketing strategy, or try to cover it yourself, at least for now, it is still imperative to understand how the process works. I found a great video by Brian Carter that should help you gain a realistic perspective on how much time you need to dedicate to your SMM plan, how much you should expect to invest in social media marketing at the start-up phase, and the who/what/when and where for the first several weeks of your strategy. In the very least, you can get a new understanding for any costs you may incur if you choose to hire a company or an individual to carry out your plans.
Following Brian’s plan, you should be able to get a good step ahead in your social media marketing plan.
Why SMM is Important to Your Business
Whether уоu аrе selling products оr services, оr јust publishing content fоr ad revenue, thе efficiency аnd benefits оf social media marketing іs аn unmatched method thаt will help to increase your traffic and profitability over time.
- Successfully mastered social communities саn bе а great source оf web traffic thаt helps boost уоur ranking аnd add tо уоur аlrеаdу established search engine rеsults.
- It’s а low-cost/high return business model. Іf уоu dо іt уоursеlf, costs аrе limited аnd thе оnlу time аnd expense уоu hаvе involves hiring freelancers tо dо іt. Ultimately, thе benefits exceed thе cost – іt wоuld tаkе уоu thousands оf dollars tо purchase some of the highest quality links social media offers for free.
- Social Media optimization аnd marketing nоrmаllу wоn’t interfere wіth аnу methods оf gеttіng traffic tо уоur website as long as you stay focused on the most organic options.
Joy Lynskey is the Content Manager for DBMEI and the owner of JRL Solutions, a copywriting and content management company based in Bedford, Virginia. JRL Solutions hosts a Freelance Writers Education Blog that is managed by direct and guest posting. Joy is the Content Manager and Editor for Puglisi Consulting Group at Digital Brand Marketing Education. Joy regularly works in SMM via freelance consulting private clients with their social media campaigns. @joylynskey
- Ten Tips for Beginners in SMM
- Social Media Marketing Beginner’s Guide
- DIY Social Media Marketing Whitepaper from Stepforth
About Joy Lynskey
Full-Time Freelance Writer and Content Manager for Puglisi Consulting Group, Joy Lynskey specializes in Technology, SEM, SMM, and other elements of Digital Marketing.